Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Birthday, Dad!


In Australia today my Dad celebrates his 77th birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!

I've said it before but it's worth saying again: My brothers and I are very fortunate to have Gordon James Bayly as our father. He is a man of integrity, compassion, and selfless service to others. We experienced and witnessed such qualities growing up in Gunnedah, and they are qualities that are still very much part of our father today.

I love you, Dad, and can’t thank you enough for all you continue to be and give to me, my brothers, our family, and so many others whose lives are touched by yours.

For some great photos of Dad through the years, click here and here.

The photos that accompany this post were taken during my recent trip back to Australia (March 20-April 17, 2014). In the opening photo, taken last Monday, April 14, Dad is pictured center with (from left) Mum, my younger brother Tim, me, my niece Sami, and Sami's friend Connor.



Above: Mum and Dad – Monday, April 14, 2014.



Above: Dad on that part of Town Beach where he and I and Mum spent time pretty much every morning during my recent stay with them in Port Macquarie. As you can see, it's a lovely spot!


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Happy Birthday, Dad (2013)
Happy Birthday, Dad (2011)
Happy Birthday, Dad (2010)
Happy Birthday, Dad (2009)
Congratulations, Mum and Dad
Catholic Rainbow (Australian) Parents
A Visit to Gunnedah

Related Off-site Link:
"He Wasn't a Superhero But He Was a Hero"A Prince Named Valiant (February 21, 2011).


No comments: