Thursday, March 17, 2011

Changing Times

The video I share below is great fun. It's sure to make you smile, if not laugh out loud! It's a mother's video taped recording of her teenage kids (and perhaps some of their friends) watching the recent Glee episode in which Kurt and Blaine finally kiss!

Here's how The Los Angeles Times describes the much-anticipated moment:

Tuesday night's Glee brought Kurt and Blaine fans – by which I guess I mean pretty much every single Glee watcher – the moment they'd been waiting for.

"Kurt, there is a moment when you say to yourself, 'Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you forever,'" Blaine says, scooting his chair a little closer, putting his hand on Kurt's hand, before continuing. "Watching you do 'Blackbird' this week, that was a moment for me. About you. You move me, Kurt. And this duet would just be an excuse to spend more time with you."

And with that, my patient friends, Blaine and Kurt kissed. Tenderly. Passionately. More than once.

And on prime time TV – and on Fox! Yes, as my friend Randi noted when she shared the following video earlier today on Facebook: "The times, they are changing! And I love it." Me too, Randi! Me too.





See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Those Glee Boys Are At It Again!
"Glambert" and the New Gay Stereotype


Recommended Off-site Links:
Kurt and Blaine Kiss on Glee The Advocate (March 16, 2011).
Anyone Else Think That Dreamy Blaine/Kurt Moment Had to Be a Dream?
– Mandi Bierly (Entertainment Weekly, March 16, 2011).

3 comments:

Sage said...

That was so great!

I'm old enough to remember the day of watching "Dynasty" anxiously waiting to see if Steven Carrington would finally come completely out to himself and be allowed to have a full fledged boyfriend on the show (sigh) Hallelujah, the times, they really are a changin'

Thanks for sharing this Michael!

Peg said...

Actually, it made me cry -- thinking about how such a scene could never have been on television when I was a kid and how kids today are not only able to see this side of the real world depicted on television, but they are free to cheer about it together.

Mareczku said...

That was so cool. The reactions were priceless. I used to watch Dynasty too. I was so upset when they killed off Luke. Yes, the times sure are changing.